Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Party

Easter Sunday was perfect. The weather was sunny and warm, and we had wonderful company to help us celebrate. Our good friends from Larryville came up to stay with us for the day. Imogen's bestie Ayla also announced that she will be a big sister. Double celebration!

First we had an egg hunt. There is a tradition in Peter's family of using real egg shells. We start saving the shells around New Year; by the time Easter arrives there are tons. The kids dye and decorate the shells the day before. They set them out on the table for the Easter bunny to fill. Then that night, the Easter bunny magically fills them all with chocolaty goodness, places pretty colored tissue paper on top and hides them in the garden. It is amazing how the bunny completes all this and still gets some sleep! The kids were a little worried that Flora the dog might get the bunny so we had to reassure them the bunny was safe. Smart kids!

They were so excited during the egg hunt. Alya and Brooks kept trying to eat the candy as they picked them up. Imogen was racing to get as many as she could. A perfect day!














1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see that the tradition continues. This is what I grew up with, and I believe it came from my mother's side of the family. When I was a child, this was the next best thing to Christmas. Love, Grandma Susie

    ReplyDelete