Friday, August 15, 2014

Clark Yuuji Culley

Baby number 3!

Clark Yuuji Culley was born on Friday, August 15th at 11:25am. He was 7lbs 5.5oz, 21 inches.

I woke up this morning at 6am with fairly strong contractions, so I knew it was labor day. I was not sure how long it would take though because I already had some false contractions Wednesday. After the kids went to daycare, I told Peter he could go to work. By 9am I told him to get home immediately. We were at the Midwife's Center by 10:10 and the baby was born at 11:25!

I really wanted to have a good birth experience this time, especially since we ended up transferring to the hospital for Brooks. I did a lot of reading on Hypnobirthing and it was a huge help. As Peter keeps saying, I was totally in the zone this time. It wasn't that this birth was any easier, I was just really focused.

After a little rest and some cuddle time with Clark, we were in great spirits. We stayed our minimum 4hrs, packed our things, and were back in the comfort of our own house by 4:30pm. Just love the Midwife Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment